This piece of foley was made by recording the sound of water droplets hitting my sink basin, if I was honest, it wasn’t the best sound and I would have liked to use a different sound compared to the ceramic basin of the sink as it doesn’t sound like water hitting a plant pot and dirt.
This sound was made by hitting a ceramic bowl against a heavy surface, however it was edited in audition to be more muffled and to have a slight echo so that it fitted being used as a watering can more.
This sound was made using the same ceramic bowl as before however hitting it on it’s side and having a louder and longer echo.
This was personally my favourite piece of foley work. I created it by putting rice in a Pringles tube and turning it slowly. I added a large echo in Adobe Audition and also spaced the sounds out almost equally to simulate the sound of waves going in and out at an almost equal amount.
For my animation I had to create a music piece to accompany it, it had to be cut a lot when I was editing so the correct part fit each scene but below the uncut version can be seen.
We created an audio piece to fit the video of fire.
We created it by using crisp wrappers to replicate fire, this was our first time doing foley, which is when a sound is replicated in a studio (in our case a class) when the sound from the recording is unavailable. I had to change the pitch of the fire a lot as it was too high in some places, making it obvious that it was just a plastic wrapper.
I recorded multiple sound files and overlapped them in audio to make it more realistic. Once the sound files had been edited together in Audio I exported both the audio file and the video downloaded from moodle to Adobe Premier, however, I had to put the video on the timeline first and then delete the pre-existing audio which would mute my fire ambience, once this was done I put the sound file onto the timeline and used anchors to change the volume levels to fade out at the end.
In conclusion, I believe that I was able to edit the sound well, by which I mean how I edited the pitch of the fire crackling in multiple places so that it wouldn’t sound like plastic wrapper as much as it had, however, I think to improve I could redo a lot of the audio at a further distance from the microphone, which would have greatly affected the audio quality (so that it wouldn’t sound bit rate
The completed Halloween spooktacular using Garage Band and Adobe Audition.
I personally feel that the ending was disappointing and will probably go back and put a new piece of music instead of using the same one from earlier again, as that leaves the impression of laziness. Using the same piece of music again makes the songs end lose some tension, which, given that it’s a Halloween song, is one of the main objectives to it, this is because the listener has heard the section before and knows what is coming from the music which can also make the song seem to drone on for longer then the listener would like.