We created an audio piece to fit the video of fire.
We created it by using crisp wrappers to replicate fire, this was our first time doing foley, which is when a sound is replicated in a studio (in our case a class) when the sound from the recording is unavailable. I had to change the pitch of the fire a lot as it was too high in some places, making it obvious that it was just a plastic wrapper.
I recorded multiple sound files and overlapped them in audio to make it more realistic. Once the sound files had been edited together in Audio I exported both the audio file and the video downloaded from moodle to Adobe Premier, however, I had to put the video on the timeline first and then delete the pre-existing audio which would mute my fire ambience, once this was done I put the sound file onto the timeline and used anchors to change the volume levels to fade out at the end.
In conclusion, I believe that I was able to edit the sound well, by which I mean how I edited the pitch of the fire crackling in multiple places so that it wouldn’t sound like plastic wrapper as much as it had, however, I think to improve I could redo a lot of the audio at a further distance from the microphone, which would have greatly affected the audio quality (so that it wouldn’t sound bit rate